Wednesday, November 18 / December 1, 2010: 2Tim 4:9-22, Luke 20:1-8

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      passage: 2Tim 4:9-4:22

      Chapter 4

      Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me,
      having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica;
      Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take
      Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the
      ministry. And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left
      at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books,
      but especially the parchments. Alexander the coppersmith did me much
      evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware
      also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. At my first answer
      no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may
      not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me,
      and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and
      that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth
      of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and
      will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and
      ever. Amen. Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
      Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
      Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and
      Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.

      And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the
      people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests
      and the scribes came upon him with the elders, And spake unto him,
      saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is
      he that gave thee this authority? And he answered and said unto them,
      I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: The baptism of John,
      was it from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves,
      saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed
      ye him not? But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us:
      for they be persuaded that John was a prophet. And they answered,
      that they could not tell whence it was. And Jesus said unto them,
      Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.