Wednesday, October 21 / November 3, 2010: 1Thes 4:1-12, Luke 11:42-46

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      passage: 1Thes 4:1-4:12

      Chapter 4

      Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord
      Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please
      God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments
      we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your
      sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every
      one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification
      and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles
      which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother
      in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as
      we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called
      us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth,
      despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
      But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for
      ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And indeed ye do
      it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech
      you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; And that ye study to be
      quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands,
      as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are
      without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

      But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of
      herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have
      done, and not to leave the other undone. Woe unto you, Pharisees! for
      ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the
      markets. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as
      graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware
      of them. Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master,
      thus saying thou reproachest us also. And he said, Woe unto you also,
      ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye
      yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.