Monday, October 19 / November 1, 2010: 1Thes 2:20-3:8, Luke 11:29-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010
      passage: 1Thes 2:20-3:8

      Chapter 2

      For ye are our glory and joy.

      Chapter 3

      Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left
      at Athens alone; And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God,
      and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and
      to comfort you concerning your faith: That no man should be moved by
      these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
      For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should
      suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. For this
      cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest
      by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.
      But now when Timotheus came from you unto us, and brought us good
      tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of
      us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also to see you: Therefore,
      brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress
      by your faith: For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

      And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say,
      This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign
      be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. For as Jonas was a sign
      unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
      The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of
      this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts
      of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than
      Solomon is here. The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with
      this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching
      of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. No man, when he
      hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a
      bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.