Friday, September 18 / October 1, 2010: Phil 1:27-2:4, Luke 6:17-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      passage: Phil 1:27-2:4

      Chapter 1

      Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ:
      that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of
      your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving
      together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your
      adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you
      of salvation, and that of God. For unto you it is given in the behalf
      of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
      Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

      Chapter 2

      If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love,
      if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my
      joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord,
      of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in
      lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not
      every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

      And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of
      his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and
      Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear
      him, and to be healed of their diseases; And they that were vexed with
      unclean spirits: and they were healed. And the whole multitude sought
      to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
      And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor:
      for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for
      ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
      Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate
      you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name
      as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap
      for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like
      manner did their fathers unto the prophets.