Friday, August 21 / September 3, 2010: Gal 4:8-21, Mark 6:45-53

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      passage: Gal 4:8-4:21

      Chapter 4

      Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which
      by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or
      rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly
      elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days,
      and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have
      bestowed upon you labour in vain. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am;
      for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. Ye know how through
      infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
      And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected;
      but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. Where is then
      the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been
      possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them
      to me. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
      They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you,
      that ye might affect them. But it is good to be zealously affected
      always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
      My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be
      formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my
      voice; for I stand in doubt of you. Tell me, ye that desire to be
      under the law, do ye not hear the law?

      And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship,
      and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away
      the people. And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain
      to pray. And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea,
      and he alone on the land. And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the
      wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he
      cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.
      But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been
      a spirit, and cried out: For they all saw him, and were troubled. And
      immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer:
      it is I; be not afraid. And he went up unto them into the ship; and the
      wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure,
      and wondered. For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for
      their heart was hardened. And when they had passed over, they came
      into the land of Gennesaret, and drew to the shore.