Wednesday, August 19 / September 1, 2010: Gal 3:15-22, Mark 6:7-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      passage: Gal 3:15-3:22

      Chapter 3

      Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's
      covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
      Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And
      to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
      And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in
      Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot
      disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the
      inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it
      to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added
      because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise
      was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
      Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Is the law
      then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a
      law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have
      been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that
      the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

      And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two
      and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; And commanded them
      that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only;
      no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: But be shod with sandals;
      and not put on two coats. And he said unto them, In what place soever
      ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
      And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart
      thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against
      them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and
      Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. And they went out,
      and preached that men should repent. And they cast out many devils,
      and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.