Tuesday, August 18/31, 2010: Gal 2:21-3:7, Mark 6:1-7

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      passage: Gal 2:21-3:7

      Chapter 2

      I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the
      law, then Christ is dead in vain.

      Chapter 3

      O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the
      truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth,
      crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the
      Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye
      so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the
      flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
      He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles
      among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing
      of faith? Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him
      for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith,
      the same are the children of Abraham.

      And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his
      disciples follow him. And when the sabbath day was come, he began to
      teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying,
      From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is
      given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
      Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James,
      and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here
      with us? And they were offended at him. But Jesus, said unto them,
      A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his
      own kin, and in his own house. And he could there do no mighty work,
      save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
      And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the
      villages, teaching. And he called unto him the twelve, and began to
      send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;