Tuesday, July 18/31, 2001: 1Cor 12:12-26, Matt 18:18-22,19:1,2,13-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2001

      For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of
      that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one
      Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
      whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one
      Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall
      say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore
      not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye,
      I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole
      body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing,
      where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one
      of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one
      member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but
      one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee:
      nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more
      those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
      And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable,
      upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have
      more abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God
      hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour
      to that part which lacked. That there should be no schism in the
      body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
      And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one
      member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

      Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound
      in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed
      in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on
      earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done
      for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three
      are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
      Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin
      against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him,
      I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

      And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he
      departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;

      passage: Matt 19:2-19:2

      And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.

      passage: Matt 19:13-19:15

      Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put
      his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus
      said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me:
      for of such is the kingdom of heaven. And he laid his hands on them,
      and departed thence.