Tuesday, February 17 / March 2, 2010: Isa 9:9-10:4, Gen 7:1-5, Prov 8:32-9:11

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      passage: Isa 9:9-10:4

      Chapter 9

      And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of
      Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart, The bricks are
      fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut
      down, but we will change them into cedars. Therefore the LORD shall set
      up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;
      The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour
      Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but
      his hand is stretched out still. For the people turneth not unto him
      that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts. Therefore the
      LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
      The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth
      lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to
      err; and they that are led of them are destroyed. Therefore the LORD
      shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their
      fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer,
      and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned
      away, but his hand is stretched out still. For wickedness burneth as
      the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in
      the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up
      of smoke. Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened,
      and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare
      his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry;
      and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied:
      they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm: Manasseh, Ephraim;
      and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all
      this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

      Chapter 10

      Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write
      grievousness which they have prescribed; To turn aside the needy
      from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people,
      that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
      And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation
      which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where
      will ye leave your glory? Without me they shall bow down under the
      prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger
      is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

      passage: Gen 7:1-7:5

      Chapter 7

      And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark;
      for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Of every
      clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female:
      and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
      Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed
      alive upon the face of all the earth. For yet seven days, and I will
      cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every
      living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of
      the earth. And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.

      passage: Prov 8:32-9:11

      Chapter 8

      Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they
      that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
      Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting
      at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall
      obtain favour of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth
      his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

      Chapter 9

      Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
      She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also
      furnished her table. She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon
      the highest places of the city, Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither:
      as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, Come, eat of my
      bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled. Forsake the foolish,
      and live; and go in the way of understanding. He that reproveth a
      scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man
      getteth himself a blot. Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee:
      rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise
      man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase
      in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the
      knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be
      multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.