Monday, January 19 / February 1, 2010: 1John 2:18-3:10, Mark 11:1-11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2010
      passage: 1John 2:18-3:10

      Chapter 2

      Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that
      antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we
      know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not
      of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued
      with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they
      were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye
      know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the
      truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is
      a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist,
      that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son,
      the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the
      Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from
      the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall
      remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
      And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
      These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
      But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye
      need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you
      of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught
      you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him;
      that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed
      before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know
      that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

      Chapter 3

      Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that
      we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us
      not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God,
      and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when
      he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
      And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he
      is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin
      is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested
      to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him
      sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
      Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is
      righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the
      devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the
      Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
      Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in
      him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children
      of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth
      not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

      And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany,
      at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples, And
      saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and
      as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon
      never man sat; loose him, and bring him. And if any man say unto you,
      Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway
      he will send him hither. And they went their way, and found the colt
      tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose
      him. And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye,
      loosing the colt? And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded:
      and they let them go. And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their
      garments on him; and he sat upon him. And many spread their garments in
      the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them
      in the way. And they that went before, and they that followed, cried,
      saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
      Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of
      the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. And Jesus entered into Jerusalem,
      and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things,
      and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.