Thursday, December 18/31, 2009: Heb 10:35-11:7, Mark 9:10-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2009
      passage: Heb 10:35-11:7

      Chapter 10

      Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence
      of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the
      will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while,
      and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just
      shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no
      pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition;
      but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

      Chapter 11

      Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things
      not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith
      we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so
      that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
      By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain,
      by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of
      his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. By faith Enoch was
      translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God
      had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony,
      that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please
      him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he
      is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. By faith Noah, being
      warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an
      ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world,
      and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

      And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another
      what the rising from the dead should mean. And they asked him, saying,
      Why say the scribes that Elias must first come? And he answered and
      told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and
      how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things,
      and be set at nought. But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come,
      and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written
      of him. And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude
      about them, and the scribes questioning with them. And straightway all
      the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to
      him saluted him. And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them?