Sunday, October 19 / November 1, 2009: Gal 2:16-20, Luke 8:5-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      passage: Gal 2:16-2:20

      Chapter 2

      Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
      faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we
      might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the
      law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if,
      while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found
      sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I
      build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
      For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
      I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ
      liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
      faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

      A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way
      side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
      And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered
      away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and
      the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. And other fell on good
      ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had
      said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
      And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
      And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom
      of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see,
      and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this: The
      seed is the word of God. Those by the way side are they that hear;
      then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts,
      lest they should believe and be saved. They on the rock are they,
      which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no
      root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
      And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard,
      go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this
      life, and bring no fruit to perfection. But that on the good ground
      are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word,
      keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.