Friday, September 19 / October 2, 2009: Ephesians 4:17-25, Mark 12:1-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      passage: Ephesians 4:17-4:25

      Chapter 4

      This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk
      not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the
      understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through
      the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
      Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness,
      to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned
      Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by
      him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former
      conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful
      lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the
      new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
      Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:
      for we are members one of another.

      And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted
      a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the
      winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into
      a far country. And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant,
      that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.
      And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty. And again he
      sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded
      him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled. And again he
      sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some,
      and killing some. Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved,
      he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.
      But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come,
      let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be our's. And they took him,
      and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard. What shall therefore
      the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen,
      and will give the vineyard unto others. And have ye not read this
      scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of
      the corner: This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
      And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they
      knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him,
      and went their way.