Thursday, September 18 / October 1, 2009: Ephesians 4:14-19, Mark 11:27-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      passage: Ephesians 4:14-4:19

      Chapter 4

      That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried
      about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning
      craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth
      in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even
      Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by
      that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working
      in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the
      edifying of itself in love. This I say therefore, and testify in the
      Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity
      of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from
      the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the
      blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves
      over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

      And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple,
      there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders,
      And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave
      thee this authority to do these things? And Jesus answered and said unto
      them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell
      you by what authority I do these things. The baptism of John, was it
      from heaven, or of men? answer me. And they reasoned with themselves,
      saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not
      believe him? But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for
      all men counted John, that he was a prophet indeed. And they answered
      and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them,
      Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.