Thursday, August 21 / September 3, 2009: 2Cor 10:7-18, Mark 3:28-35

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009

      Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust
      to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again,
      that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. For though I should
      boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for
      edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed: That
      I may not seem as if I would terrify you by letters. For his letters,
      say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and
      his speech contemptible. Let such an one think this, that, such as we
      are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed
      when we are present. For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or
      compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring
      themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves,
      are not wise. But we will not boast of things without our measure, but
      according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us,
      a measure to reach even unto you. For we stretch not ourselves beyond
      our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far
      as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ: Not boasting of things
      without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope,
      when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according
      to our rule abundantly, To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you,
      and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.
      But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that
      commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

      Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of
      men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he
      that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness,
      but is in danger of eternal damnation. Because they said, He hath
      an unclean spirit. There came then his brethren and his mother, and,
      standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat
      about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren
      without seek for thee. And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother,
      or my brethren? And he looked round about on them which sat about him,
      and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do
      the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.