Tuesday, August 19 / September 1, 2009: 2Cor 8:16-9:5, Mark 3:13-19

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009

      But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of
      Titus for you. For indeed he accepted the exhortation; but being more
      forward, of his own accord he went unto you. And we have sent with him
      the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
      And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel
      with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory
      of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind: Avoiding this,
      that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered
      by us: Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord,
      but also in the sight of men. And we have sent with them our brother,
      whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more
      diligent, upon the great confidence which I have in you. Whether any
      do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you:
      or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches,
      and the glory of Christ. Wherefore shew ye to them, and before the
      churches, the proof of your love, and of our boasting on your behalf.

      Chapter 9

      For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for
      me to write to you: For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which
      I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago;
      and your zeal hath provoked very many. Yet have I sent the brethren,
      lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this behalf; that, as I
      said, ye may be ready: Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me,
      and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed
      in this same confident boasting. Therefore I thought it necessary to
      exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up
      beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same
      might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.

      And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and
      they came unto him. And he ordained twelve, that they should be with
      him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have power to
      heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils: And Simon he surnamed Peter;
      And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he
      surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder: And Andrew, and
      Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of
      Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite, And Judas Iscariot,
      which also betrayed him: and they went into an house.