Friday, July 18/31, 2009: 1Cor 11:8-22, Matt 17:10-18

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009

      For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was
      the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this
      cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
      Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman
      without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is
      the man also by the woman; but all things of God. Judge in yourselves:
      is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature
      itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
      But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is
      given her for a covering. But if any man seem to be contentious, we
      have no such custom, neither the churches of God. Now in this that I
      declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the
      better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together
      in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly
      believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which
      are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together
      therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. For in
      eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry,
      and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink
      in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what
      shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

      And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that
      Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias
      truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you,
      That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto
      him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer
      of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John
      the Baptist. And when they were come to the multitude, there came to
      him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on
      my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into
      the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples,
      and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless
      and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall
      I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil;
      and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.