Sunday, June 18 / July 1, 2001: Rom 6:18-23, Matt 8:5-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001

      Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
      I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:
      for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to
      iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to
      righteousness unto holiness. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye
      were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things
      whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
      But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have
      your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages
      of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus
      Christ our Lord.

      And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a
      centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home
      sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him,
      I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am
      not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word
      only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority,
      having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth;
      and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and
      he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that
      followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no,
      not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east
      and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in
      the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast
      out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
      And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed,
      so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.