Wednesday, June 18 / July 1, 2009: Rom 11:2-12, Matt 11:20-26

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009

      God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what
      the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against
      Israel saying, Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine
      altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the
      answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
      who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this
      present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
      And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more
      grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is
      no more work. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh
      for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
      According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber,
      eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;)
      unto this day. And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a
      trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: Let their eyes
      be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
      I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid:
      but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles,
      for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches
      of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles;
      how much more their fulness?

      passage: Matt 11:20-11:26

      Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works
      were done, because they repented not: Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe
      unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you,
      had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in
      sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable
      for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou,
      Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell:
      for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done
      in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you,
      That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of
      judgment, than for thee. At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank
      thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these
      things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
      Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.