Wednesday, May 21 / June 3, 2009: Acts 23:1-11, John 16:15-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009

      And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I
      have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. And the
      high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on
      the mouth. Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited
      wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to
      be smitten contrary to the law? And they that stood by said, Revilest
      thou God's high priest? Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that
      he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil
      of the ruler of thy people. But when Paul perceived that the one part
      were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council,
      Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope
      and resurrection of the dead I am called in question. And when he had so
      said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees:
      and the multitude was divided. For the Sadducees say that there is no
      resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.
      And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees'
      part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a
      spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.
      And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest
      Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to
      go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into
      the castle. And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said,
      Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem,
      so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

      All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he
      shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and
      ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me,
      because I go to the Father. Then said some of his disciples among
      themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye
      shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and,
      Because I go to the Father? They said therefore, What is this that he
      saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith. Now Jesus knew
      that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire
      among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me:
      and again, a little while, and ye shall see me? Verily, verily, I say
      unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice:
      and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
      A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come:
      but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more
      the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now
      therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall
      rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. And in that day ye shall
      ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall
      ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.