Saturday, April 19 / May 2, 2009: Acts 5:21-33, John 6:14-27

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009

      And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the
      morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with
      him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children
      of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought. But when the
      officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned and
      told, Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the
      keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we
      found no man within. Now when the high priest and the captain of the
      temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them
      whereunto this would grow. Then came one and told them, saying, Behold,
      the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching
      the people. Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them
      without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have
      been stoned. And when they had brought them, they set them before the
      council: and the high priest asked them, Saying, Did not we straitly
      command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have
      filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood
      upon us. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought
      to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus,
      whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right
      hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel,
      and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and
      so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
      When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to
      slay them.

      Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said,
      This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world. When
      Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force,
      to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.
      And when even was now come, his disciples went down unto the sea,
      And entered into a ship, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And
      it was now dark, and Jesus was not come to them. And the sea arose by
      reason of a great wind that blew. So when they had rowed about five
      and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and
      drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid. But he saith unto
      them, It is I; be not afraid. Then they willingly received him into
      the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.
      The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the
      sea saw that there was none other boat there, save that one whereinto
      his disciples were entered, and that Jesus went not with his disciples
      into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone; Howbeit
      there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they
      did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks:) When the people
      therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also
      took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus. And when they
      had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi,
      when camest thou hither? Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily,
      I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because
      ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. Labour not for the meat which
      perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which
      the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.