Friday, April 18 / May 1, 2009: Acts 5:1-11, John 5:30-6:2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 9:10 PM

      But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a
      possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy
      to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
      But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie
      to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
      Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was
      it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine
      heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing
      these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all
      them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up,
      and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of
      three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
      And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so
      much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is
      it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold,
      the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and
      shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and
      yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead,
      and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And great fear
      came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

      passage: John 5:30-6:2

      I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment
      is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father
      which hath sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not
      true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that
      the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. Ye sent unto John, and
      he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man:
      but these things I say, that ye might be saved. He was a burning and a
      shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
      But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the
      Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness
      of me, that the Father hath sent me. And the Father himself, which hath
      sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at
      any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you:
      for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures;
      for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which
      testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
      I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love
      of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
      if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye
      believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour
      that cometh from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the
      Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
      For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
      But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

      Chapter 6

      After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea
      of Tiberias. And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his
      miracles which he did on them that were diseased.