Wednesday, March 19 / April 1, 2009: Isa 41:4-14, Gen 17:1-9, Prov 15:20-16:9

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      passage: Isa 41:4-41:14

      Chapter 41

      Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the
      beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. The isles
      saw it, and feared; the ends of the earth were afraid, drew near, and
      came. They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his
      brother, Be of good courage. So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith,
      and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying,
      It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it
      should not be moved. But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I
      have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. Thou whom I have taken
      from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof,
      and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not
      cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed;
      for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea,
      I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all
      they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded:
      they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
      Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended
      with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as
      a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand,
      saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thou worm Jacob,
      and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer,
      the Holy One of Israel.

      passage: Gen 17:1-17:9

      Chapter 17

      And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to
      Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and
      be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and
      will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God
      talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee,
      and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any
      more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of
      many nations have I made thee. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful,
      and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
      And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed
      after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a
      God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee,
      and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the
      land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
      And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou,
      and thy seed after thee in their generations.

      passage: Prov 15:20-16:9

      Chapter 15

      A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish man despiseth his
      mother. Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: but a man
      of understanding walketh uprightly. Without counsel purposes are
      disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
      A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due
      season, how good is it! The way of life is above to the wise, that he
      may depart from hell beneath. The LORD will destroy the house of the
      proud: but he will establish the border of the widow. The thoughts of
      the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are
      pleasant words. He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but
      he that hateth gifts shall live. The heart of the righteous studieth to
      answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things. The LORD
      is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
      The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh
      the bones fat. The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among
      the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he
      that heareth reproof getteth understanding. The fear of the LORD is
      the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

      Chapter 16

      The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue,
      is from the LORD. All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes;
      but the LORD weigheth the spirits. Commit thy works unto the LORD, and
      thy thoughts shall be established. The LORD hath made all things for
      himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. Every one that is
      proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand,
      he shall not be unpunished. By mercy and truth iniquity is purged:
      and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil. When a man's ways
      please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
      Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
      A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.