Tuesday, February 18 / March 3, 2009: Is 1:19-2:3, Gen 1:14-23, Prov 1:20-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 9:10 PM
      passage: Is 1:19-2:3

      Chapter 1

      If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
      But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword:
      for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. How is the faithful city
      become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in
      it; but now murderers. Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed
      with water: Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves:
      every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not
      the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
      Therefore saith the LORD, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel,
      Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
      And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and
      take away all thy tin: And I will restore thy judges as at the first,
      and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called,
      The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed
      with judgment, and her converts with righteousness. And the destruction
      of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that
      forsake the LORD shall be consumed. For they shall be ashamed of the
      oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens
      that ye have chosen. For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth,
      and as a garden that hath no water. And the strong shall be as tow,
      and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together,
      and none shall quench them.

      Chapter 2

      The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
      And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the
      LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and
      shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
      And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the
      mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will
      teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion
      shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

      passage: Gen 1:14-1:23

      Chapter 1

      And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to
      divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for
      seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the
      firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
      And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and
      the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set
      them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And
      to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from
      the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the
      morning were the fourth day. And God said, Let the waters bring forth
      abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly
      above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great
      whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought
      forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind:
      and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful,
      and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply
      in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

      passage: Prov 1:20-1:33

      Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She
      crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates:
      in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones,
      will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning,
      and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour
      out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I
      have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man
      regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of
      my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your
      fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction
      cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
      Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek
      me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge,
      and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel:
      they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of
      their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning
      away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall
      destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and
      shall be quiet from fear of evil.