Sunday, January 19 / February 1, 2009: Sunday of Zacchaeus: 1Tim 4:9-15, Luke 19:1-10

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      passage: 1Tim 4:9-4:15

      Chapter 4

      This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore
      we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living
      God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
      These things command and teach. Let no man despise thy youth; but be
      thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity,
      in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading,
      to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee,
      which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of
      the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them;
      that thy profiting may appear to all.

      And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. And, behold, there
      was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans,
      and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not
      for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before,
      and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass
      that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him,
      and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I
      must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received
      him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he
      was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood,
      and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the
      poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation,
      I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation
      come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the
      Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.