Sunday, October 20 / November 2, 2008: Gal 1:11-19, Luke 7:11-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      passage: Gal 1:11-1:19

      Chapter 1

      But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is
      not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught
      it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my
      conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure
      I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews'
      religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly
      zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God,
      who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
      To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen;
      immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up
      to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into
      Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I
      went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
      But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

      And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain;
      and many of his disciples went with him, and much people. Now when he
      came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried
      out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people
      of the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion
      on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier:
      and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto
      thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he
      delivered him to his mother. And there came a fear on all: and they
      glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and,
      That God hath visited his people.