Saturday, October 19 / November 1, 2008: 2 Cor 1:8-11, Luke 5:27-32

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008

      For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came
      to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength,
      insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of
      death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God
      which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and
      doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us; Ye also
      helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us
      by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

      And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi,
      sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.
      And he left all, rose up, and followed him. And Levi made him a great
      feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans and
      of others that sat down with them. But their scribes and Pharisees
      murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with
      publicans and sinners? And Jesus answering said unto them, They that
      are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to
      call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.