Friday, September 20 / October 3, 2008: Ephesians 1:7-17, Luke 4:22-30

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      passage: Ephesians 1:7-1:17

      Chapter 1

      In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
      according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward
      us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery
      of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed
      in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might
      gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven,
      and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an
      inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who
      worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should
      be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye
      also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your
      salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with
      that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance
      until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of
      his glory. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord
      Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you,
      making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus
      Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom
      and revelation in the knowledge of him:

      And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which
      proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
      And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb,
      Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum,
      do also here in thy country. And he said, Verily I say unto you, No
      prophet is accepted in his own country. But I tell you of a truth,
      many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was
      shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout
      all the land; But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta,
      a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. And many lepers were
      in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was
      cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian. And all they in the synagogue,
      when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up,
      and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill
      whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
      But he passing through the midst of them went his way,