Thursday, May 18/31, 2001: Acts 25:13-19, John 16:23-33

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001

      And after certain days king Agrippa and Bernice came unto Caesarea to
      salute Festus. And when they had been there many days, Festus declared
      Paul's cause unto the king, saying, There is a certain man left in bonds
      by Felix: About whom, when I was at Jerusalem, the chief priests and the
      elders of the Jews informed me, desiring to have judgment against him.
      To whom I answered, It is not the manner of the Romans to deliver any
      man to die, before that he which is accused have the accusers face to
      face, and have licence to answer for himself concerning the crime laid
      against him. Therefore, when they were come hither, without any delay
      on the morrow I sat on the judgment seat, and commanded the man to be
      brought forth. Against whom when the accusers stood up, they brought
      none accusation of such things as I supposed: But had certain questions
      against him of their own superstition, and of one Jesus, which was dead,
      whom Paul affirmed to be alive.

      And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you,
      Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
      Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive,
      that your joy may be full. These things have I spoken unto you in
      proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you
      in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day
      ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the
      Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved
      me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the
      Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to
      the Father. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly,
      and speakest no proverb. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things,
      and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that
      thou camest forth from God. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
      Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered,
      every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone,
      because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you,
      that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:
      but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.