Thursday, July 18/31, 2008: 1Cor 7:24-35, Matt 15:12-21

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008

      Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.
      Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my
      judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
      I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say,
      that it is good for a man so to be. Art thou bound unto a wife? seek
      not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. But and
      if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath
      not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I
      spare you. But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth,
      that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they
      that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though
      they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
      And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of
      this world passeth away. But I would have you without carefulness. He
      that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how
      he may please the Lord: But he that is married careth for the things
      that are of the world, how he may please his wife. There is difference
      also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the
      things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit:
      but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may
      please her husband. And this I speak for your own profit; not that I
      may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye
      may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

      Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the
      Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? But he answered
      and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted,
      shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the
      blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
      Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
      And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet
      understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the
      belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed
      out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
      For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries,
      fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things
      which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
      Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.