Saturday, June 22 / July 5, 2008: Rom 3:28-4:3, Matt 7:24-8:4

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2008

      Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the
      deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the
      Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall
      justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
      Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish
      the law.

      Chapter 4

      What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to
      the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works,
      he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the
      scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for
      righteousness.

      Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them,
      I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
      And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and
      beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
      And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not,
      shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the
      sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew,
      and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
      And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were
      astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority,
      and not as the scribes.

      Chapter 8

      When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
      And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if
      thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand,
      and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his
      leprosy was cleansed. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man;
      but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that
      Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.