Wednesday, March 20 / April 2, 2008: Isa 26:21-27:9, Gen 9:18-10:1, Prov 12:23-13:9

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      passage: Isa 26:21-27:9

      Chapter 26

      For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants
      of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood,
      and shall no more cover her slain.

      Chapter 27

      In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall
      punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked
      serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea. In that day
      sing ye unto her, A vineyard of red wine. I the LORD do keep it; I will
      water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.
      Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in
      battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. Or let him
      take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall
      make peace with me. He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root:
      Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.
      Hath he smitten him, as he smote those that smote him? or is he slain
      according to the slaughter of them that are slain by him? In measure,
      when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough
      wind in the day of the east wind. By this therefore shall the iniquity
      of Jacob be purged; and this is all the fruit to take away his sin;
      when he maketh all the stones of the altar as chalkstones that are
      beaten in sunder, the groves and images shall not stand up.

      passage: Gen 9:18-10:1

      Chapter 9

      And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham,
      and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. These are the three
      sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread. And Noah
      began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank
      of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
      And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and
      told his two brethren without. And Shem and Japheth took a garment,
      and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered
      the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they
      saw not their father's nakedness. And Noah awoke from his wine, and
      knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed be
      Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. And he
      said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
      God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem;
      and Canaan shall be his servant. And Noah lived after the flood three
      hundred and fifty years. And all the days of Noah were nine hundred
      and fifty years: and he died.

      Chapter 10

      Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and
      Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

      passage: Prov 12:23-13:9

      Chapter 12

      A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth
      foolishness. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful
      shall be under tribute. Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop:
      but a good word maketh it glad. The righteous is more excellent than
      his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them. The slothful
      man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a
      diligent man is precious. In the way of righteousness is life: and in
      the pathway thereof there is no death.

      Chapter 13

      A wise son heareth his father's instruction: but a scorner heareth not
      rebuke. A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of
      the transgressors shall eat violence. He that keepeth his mouth keepeth
      his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
      The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the
      diligent shall be made fat. A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked
      man is loathsome, and cometh to shame. Righteousness keepeth him that
      is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner. There is
      that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself
      poor, yet hath great riches. The ransom of a man's life are his riches:
      but the poor heareth not rebuke. The light of the righteous rejoiceth:
      but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.