Tuesday, March 19 / April 1, 2008: Isa 25:1-9, Gen 9:8-17, Prov 12:8-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      passage: Isa 25:1-25:9

      Chapter 25

      O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for
      thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness
      and truth. For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city
      a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
      Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible
      nations shall fear thee. For thou hast been a strength to the poor,
      a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm,
      a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a
      storm against the wall. Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers,
      as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the
      branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low. And in this mountain
      shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a
      feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on
      the lees well refined. And he will destroy in this mountain the face
      of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over
      all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD
      will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people
      shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
      And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited
      for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him,
      we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

      passage: Gen 9:8-9:17

      Chapter 9

      And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold,
      I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; And with
      every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and
      of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark,
      to every beast of the earth. And I will establish my covenant with you,
      neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood;
      neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God
      said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you
      and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
      I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant
      between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a
      cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I
      will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living
      creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to
      destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look
      upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and
      every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said
      unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established
      between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

      passage: Prov 12:8-12:22

      Chapter 12

      A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of
      a perverse heart shall be despised. He that is despised, and hath a
      servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
      A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies
      of the wicked are cruel. He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied
      with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
      The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous
      yieldeth fruit. The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips:
      but the just shall come out of trouble. A man shall be satisfied with
      good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands
      shall be rendered unto him. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes:
      but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. A fool's wrath is presently
      known: but a prudent man covereth shame. He that speaketh truth sheweth
      forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit. There is that speaketh
      like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.
      The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is
      but for a moment. Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil:
      but to the counsellors of peace is joy. There shall no evil happen
      to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief. Lying lips
      are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.