Sunday, February 18 / March 2, 2008: Meat Fare Sunday: 1Cor 8:8-9:2, Matt 25:31-46

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 9:10 PM

      But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the
      better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. But take heed lest by
      any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that
      are weak. For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat
      in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be
      emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; And through
      thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
      But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience,
      ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend,
      I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother
      to offend.

      Chapter 9

      Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ
      our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? If I be not an apostle unto
      others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship
      are ye in the Lord.

      When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels
      with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before
      him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from
      another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall
      set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall
      the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
      inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
      For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me
      drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me:
      I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
      Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
      hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we
      thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when
      saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall
      answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done
      it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
      Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye
      cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
      For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye
      gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked,
      and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
      Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
      hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison,
      and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying,
      Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of
      these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting
      punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.