Thursday, December 21 2007 / January 3, 2008: James 4:7-5:9, Mark 11:27-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      passage: James 4:7-5:9

      Chapter 4

      Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee
      from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse
      your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
      Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to
      mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight
      of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another,
      brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother,
      speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law,
      thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver,
      who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
      Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city,
      and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye
      know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even
      a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
      For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this,
      or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing
      is evil. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not,
      to him it is sin.

      Chapter 5

      Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come
      upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
      Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness
      against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped
      treasure together for the last days. Behold, the hire of the labourers
      who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud,
      crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears
      of the Lord of sabaoth. Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and
      been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
      Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
      Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold,
      the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long
      patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also
      patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
      Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold,
      the judge standeth before the door.

      And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple,
      there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders,
      And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave
      thee this authority to do these things? And Jesus answered and said unto
      them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell
      you by what authority I do these things. The baptism of John, was it
      from heaven, or of men? answer me. And they reasoned with themselves,
      saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not
      believe him? But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for
      all men counted John, that he was a prophet indeed. And they answered
      and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them,
      Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.