Wednesday, December 20 2007 / January 2, 2008: James 3:11-4:6, Mark 11:23-26

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      passage: James 3:11-4:6

      Chapter 3

      Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
      Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine,
      figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh. Who is a
      wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a
      good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have
      bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not
      against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is
      earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there
      is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above
      is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full
      of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
      And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

      Chapter 4

      From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence,
      even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not:
      ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet
      ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye
      ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and
      adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity
      with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy
      of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that
      dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore
      he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

      For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain,
      Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in
      his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall
      come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say
      unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that
      ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying,
      forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is
      in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive,
      neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.