Tuesday, December 19 2007 / January 1, 2008: James 3:1-10, Mark 11:11-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      passage: James 3:1-3:10

      Chapter 3

      My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the
      greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man
      offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle
      the whole body. Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they
      may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. Behold also the ships,
      which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are
      they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor
      listeth. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great
      things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the
      tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our
      members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course
      of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and
      of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath
      been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly
      evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father;
      and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
      Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren,
      these things ought not so to be.

      And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had
      looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he
      went out unto Bethany with the twelve. And on the morrow, when they
      were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off
      having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and
      when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs
      was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of
      thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. And they come
      to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out
      them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of
      the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would
      not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
      And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be
      called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den
      of thieves. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought
      how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people
      was astonished at his doctrine. And when even was come, he went out of
      the city. And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree
      dried up from the roots. And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto
      him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
      And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say
      unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed,
      and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but
      shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass;
      he shall have whatsoever he saith.