Tuesday, April 18 / May 1, 2001: Acts 8:5-17, John 6:27-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2001

      Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto
      them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which
      Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean
      spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed
      with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
      And there was great joy in that city. But there was a certain man,
      called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and
      bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great
      one: To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying,
      This man is the great power of God. And to him they had regard, because
      that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries. But when they
      believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God,
      and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
      Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued
      with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were
      done. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria
      had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who,
      when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the
      Holy Ghost: For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were
      baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) Then laid they their hands
      on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

      Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth
      unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for
      him hath God the Father sealed. Then said they unto him, What shall we
      do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto
      them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
      They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may
      see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? Our fathers did eat manna
      in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
      Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave
      you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread
      from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven,
      and giveth life unto the world.