Friday, October 20 / November 2, 2007: 1Thes 2:14-19, Luke 11:23-26

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      passage: 1Thes 2:14-2:19

      Chapter 2

      For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea
      are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own
      countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord
      Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please
      not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the
      Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the
      wrath is come upon them to the uttermost. But we, brethren, being taken
      from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the
      more abundantly to see your face with great desire. Wherefore we would
      have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.
      For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye
      in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

      He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me
      scattereth. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh
      through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will
      return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth
      it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other
      spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there:
      and the last state of that man is worse than the first.