Wednesday, October 18/31, 2007: 1Thes 2:1-8, Luke 11:9-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      passage: 1Thes 2:1-2:8

      Chapter 2

      For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was
      not in vain: But even after that we had suffered before, and were
      shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our
      God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention. For our
      exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile: But
      as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even
      so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
      For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a
      cloke of covetousness; God is witness: Nor of men sought we glory,
      neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome,
      as the apostles of Christ. But we were gentle among you, even as a
      nurse cherisheth her children: So being affectionately desirous of you,
      we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only,
      but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

      And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall
      find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh
      receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall
      be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father,
      will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give
      him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
      If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children:
      how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them
      that ask him?