Sunday, September 17/30, 2007: Sunday After the Exaltation of the Cross: Gal 2:16-20, Mark 8:34-9:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      passage: Gal 2:16-2:20

      Chapter 2

      Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
      faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we
      might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the
      law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if,
      while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found
      sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I
      build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
      For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
      I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ
      liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
      faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

      And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also,
      he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself,
      and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life
      shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the
      gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if
      he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a
      man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed
      of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him
      also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of
      his Father with the holy angels.

      Chapter 9

      And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of
      them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have
      seen the kingdom of God come with power.