Monday, August 21 / September 3, 2007: Gal 2:11-16, Mark 5:24-34

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007
      passage: Gal 2:11-2:16

      Chapter 2

      But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face,
      because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James,
      he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew
      and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
      And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas
      also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they
      walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto
      Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of
      Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to
      live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the
      Gentiles, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,
      but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ,
      that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works
      of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

      And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him.
      And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had
      suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had,
      and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of
      Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said,
      If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the
      fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was
      healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that
      virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said,
      Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest
      the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he
      looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman
      fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down
      before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter,
      thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.