Sunday, August 20 / September 2, 2007: 2Cor 1:21-2:4, Matt 22:1-14

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007

      Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us,
      is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit
      in our hearts. Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to
      spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth. Not for that we have dominion
      over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

      Chapter 2

      But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you
      in heaviness. For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me
      glad, but the same which is made sorry by me? And I wrote this same
      unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I
      ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy
      of you all. For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote
      unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye
      might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

      And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, The
      kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for
      his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the
      wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants,
      saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner:
      my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto
      the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to
      his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants,
      and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard
      thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those
      murderers, and burned up their city. Then saith he to his servants,
      The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
      Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find,
      bid to the marriage. So those servants went out into the highways,
      and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good:
      and the wedding was furnished with guests. And when the king came
      in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding
      garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not
      having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king
      to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast
      him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
      For many are called, but few are chosen.