Tuesday, July 18/31, 2007: 1Cor 15:29-38, Matt 21:23-27

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 9:10 PM

      Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead
      rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? And why stand
      we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in
      Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. If after the manner of men I have
      fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise
      not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. Be not deceived: evil
      communications corrupt good manners. Awake to righteousness, and sin
      not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
      But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do
      they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it
      die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be,
      but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God
      giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

      And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders
      of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what
      authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?
      And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing,
      which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority
      I do these things. The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven,
      or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say,
      From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?
      But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as
      a prophet. And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he
      said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.