Thursday, April 20 / May 3, 2007: Acts 10:34-43, John 8:12-20

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007

      Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God
      is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him,
      and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. The word which God sent
      unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord
      of all:) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all
      Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
      How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:
      who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the
      devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which
      he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew
      and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him
      openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God,
      even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
      And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that
      it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
      To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever
      believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

      Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:
      he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the
      light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest
      record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said
      unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true:
      for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence
      I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
      And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I
      and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the
      testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself,
      and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they
      unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor
      my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
      These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple:
      and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.