Wednesday, April 19 / May 2, 2007: Acts 14:6-18, John 7:14-30

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007

      They were ware of it, and fled unto Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia,
      and unto the region that lieth round about: And there they preached the
      gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet,
      being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same
      heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he
      had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy
      feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had
      done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia,
      The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called
      Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
      Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and
      garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.
      Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their
      clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs,
      why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you,
      and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the
      living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things
      that are therein: Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in
      their own ways. Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in
      that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons,
      filling our hearts with food and gladness. And with these sayings scarce
      restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them.

      Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and
      taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters,
      having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not
      mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know
      of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
      He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh
      his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is
      in him. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the
      law? Why go ye about to kill me? The people answered and said, Thou
      hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee? Jesus answered and said
      unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel. Moses therefore
      gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the
      fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man. If a man on the
      sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be
      broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole
      on the sabbath day? Judge not according to the appearance, but judge
      righteous judgment. Then said some of them of Jerusalem, Is not this
      he, whom they seek to kill? But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say
      nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
      Howbeit we know this man whence he is: but when Christ cometh, no man
      knoweth whence he is. Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught,
      saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of
      myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. But I know him:
      for I am from him, and he hath sent me. Then they sought to take him:
      but no man laid hands on him, because his hour was not yet come.