Tuesday, April 18 / May 1, 2007: Acts 10:21-33, John 7:1-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007

      Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius;
      and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye
      are come? And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one
      that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews,
      was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house,
      and to hear words of thee. Then called he them in, and lodged them. And
      on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa
      accompanied him. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And
      Cornelius waited for them, and he had called together his kinsmen and
      near friends. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell
      down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying,
      Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in,
      and found many that were come together. And he said unto them, Ye know
      how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company,
      or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should
      not call any man common or unclean. Therefore came I unto you without
      gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent
      ye have sent for me? And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting
      until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold,
      a man stood before me in bright clothing, And said, Cornelius, thy prayer
      is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
      Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter;
      he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who,
      when he cometh, shall speak unto thee. Immediately therefore I sent
      to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are
      we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded
      thee of God.

      After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in
      Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him. Now the Jew's feast of
      tabernacles was at hand. His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart
      hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that
      thou doest. For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he
      himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself
      to the world. For neither did his brethren believe in him. Then Jesus
      said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.
      The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it,
      that the works thereof are evil. Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up
      yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come. When he had said
      these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee. But when his brethren
      were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as
      it were in secret. Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said,
      Where is he? And there was much murmuring among the people concerning
      him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth
      the people. Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.