Thursday, January 19 / February 1, 2007: 1John 1:8-2:6, Mark 13:31-14:2

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      passage: 1John 1:8-2:6

      Chapter 1

      If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is
      not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive
      us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say
      that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

      Chapter 2

      My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And
      if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the
      righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's
      only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know
      that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know
      him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not
      in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God
      perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth
      in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

      Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
      But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which
      are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch
      and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of Man is as a
      man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his
      servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
      Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh,
      at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
      Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I
      say unto all, Watch.

      Chapter 14

      After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread:
      and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him
      by craft, and put him to death. But they said, Not on the feast day,
      lest there be an uproar of the people.