Wednesday, December 21 2006 / January 3, 2007: Heb 10:1-18, Mark 10:11-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      passage: Heb 10:1-10:18

      Chapter 10

      For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very
      image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered
      year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then
      would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers
      once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those
      sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
      For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should
      take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith,
      Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared
      me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
      Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,)
      to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and
      burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst
      pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come
      to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish
      the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering
      of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth
      daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can
      never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice
      for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth
      expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering
      he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy
      Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This
      is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the
      Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will
      I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
      Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

      passage: Mark 10:11-10:16

      And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry
      another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put
      away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
      And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and
      his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it,
      he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children
      to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
      Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
      as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in
      his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.