Monday, December 19 2006 / January 1, 2007: Heb 8:7-13, Mark 9:42-10:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      passage: Heb 8:7-8:13

      Chapter 8

      For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place
      have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith,
      Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant
      with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according
      to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took
      them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they
      continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
      For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after
      those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and
      write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall
      be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour,
      and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know
      me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their
      unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember
      no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first
      old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

      And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me,
      it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and
      he were cast into the sea. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off:
      it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands
      to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their
      worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend
      thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than
      having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall
      be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
      And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to
      enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be
      cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not
      quenched. For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice
      shall be salted with salt. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost
      his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves,
      and have peace one with another.

      Chapter 10

      And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the
      farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and,
      as he was wont, he taught them again.